Friday, December 5, 2008

And so it begins...


I have wanted a wild horse ever since I read an article in an old Horse and Horsemen magazine. It has been quite some time since that magazine article, but that desire for a wild horse hasn't faded. In the meantime I became interested in dressage and ran across another magazine article in Flying Changes about mustangs and their movement as the float across the land. So now my dream was more defined, I wanted to find a wild horse and train it to be a dressage horse and when I find myself at a dressage show and someone asks me "what kind of horse is that?" I could proudly say, "a Mustang!"

So, the "little" guy I picked out this weekend probably doesn't look like much at first glance, I didn't really notice him until the last minute when I was able to get this pen of will-be-geldings to move from one end of the pen to the other that I was really able to watch how they moved. This one just floated across the ground with his little dun buddy while the others that had caught my eye as they were just standing there tended to lumber over the ground. He is about a year and a half old and is listed as being about 15 hands and he still has a lot of growing to do!

No comments: