Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lunging

We didn't have much time this evening, but it was just enough to practice a few things. We continue to make small steps in picking up feet and leading. Probably the biggest step today though, was in lunging. I was able to point the direction I wanted him to go, gesture slightly (kind of just waving it behind his tail) with my stick and off he went at a nice trot. And then say whoa, point towards his hip and a touch on the rope and he swings his rump away and faces me and stops. And then point in the new direction and away we go. I think he figured it out :) Sometimes things just click :)

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Awesome! Isn't it great when they figure things out all the sudden like that? Smart boy.

Andrea said...

Oh, and thank you so much for the award! I've never gotten one before.

FROG SENIOR said...

I always get a chuckle out of your blogs, you make things sound so simple, I wish I was a mouse in the shelter watching you and Cody work, maybe we can get some electricity out there and you can turn on your web-cam so we can all watch you work, sounds like so much fun.
Miss you,
Dad

Tracey said...

It's good when it clicks!