Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Goofy Boy


He was such a good boy today! I could walk up to him out in his pen. I took his blanket off no problem. We practiced leading. We practiced picking up feet. We practiced a little lunging.

For the leading practice today, I worked on getting him to follow me around in circles on a loose lead. I'd walk behind him and he'd turn and I'd keep going and he'd follow a bit and then I'd turn some more and it was working! The circles would get bigger and go into straight lines, but he was paying attention to where I was going and I barely had to touch the lead rope.



Then I decided to dig out my old bareback pad and see what he thought. He sniffed it, I touched his shoulder with it and then I just tossed it up on his back no problem. He stood there with it on his neck, his rump, his head, not a problem. Now I really want to see how he looks with my saddle on, lol.

5 comments:

gtyyup said...

What a character...he's sticking his tongue out at you! I'd say go for the saddle!

FROG SENIOR said...

That is soooo Wild, he sure seems to be comfortable in all that you do.
Keep up the good work!
Dad

gtyyup said...

Hey, stop by my blog...I've got a lil' something for ya!

Jessie said...

What a good boy he is!! You must be happy with your choice. I can't wait to see him when he's all grown up and mature.

Heather said...

I am amazed..a bareback pad and the bit is no biggie to you boy...maybe I'm holding myself back by not trusting her more...you are an insperation for Grace and I...today the bareback saddle.

Heather