Saturday, December 27, 2008

Inventory

Every year I dread the last week, that week between Christmas and New Years. At the store where I work we do our yearly inventory that week. There is so much stuff crammed into our small store, and we do the kind of inventory where you have to count each item against a list. It is long and tedious. It takes us nearly all 6 days to get it done. (Yes I know I am whining, but trust me, it's bad). And I still have to work at my other job. So what I am basically saying is I haven't and won't really have any time to work with CB until the new year :( But on the positive side, hopefully things will finish melting and I won't have to worry about him slipping on the icy snow/slush mess in his corral.

And it's not like I don't at least pet him when I feed him morning and night. It works best if I reach out and touch his hip first and then step forward to his shoulder and I can stand there and pet him while he munches.

3 comments:

Tracey said...

You have my condolences. That store is indeed packed tight with treasures.

Don't worry about losing time with CB; sometimes having a few days off really kicks them into high gear in terms of bonding :)

gtyyup said...

Yuck...luckily I don't have to do that any more, but My Man does and it still hurts me to have to see him do it!

Tracey is so right...time off can be a good thing!

FROG SENIOR said...

Hey little bit, I trust the snow is now gone and it is wet and a lot of 'snirt' hanging around in the shady places, I still check out your blog oh say 3...4...10 times a day, (just kidding) at least 3 or 4 times minimum, no pressure, just fun to see how you are doing. Wet and rainy here, will work tomorrow and then have the first off and back to work on Friday, so happy you are doing so well and look forward to seeing you in the saddle.
Love you,
Dad
P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!