Sunday, December 7, 2008

He's home!

Had thought about waiting until tomorrow to post, so that I could include some pictures, but I figured words would work too. Help myself get into a habit of this :)

After deciphering my poor directions, Tracey dropped him off this forenoon. Once she backed up to the gate across my grandma's somewhat soggy backyard (oh for the dryness in Burns!) and we got the doors opened he stood in the trailer, calmly munching some alfalfa and showing no interest in getting out. Tracey was able to talk him out of the trailer from outside and after he stepped on his rope a couple of times and checked out where the ground was he stepped out of the trailer and into his new home like it was no big deal. Unfortunately, at this point, after watching him for a moment and thanking Tracey (Thank you!!) I had to race off to work.

This evening when I fed him his dinner I hung out inside the shelter leaning against the wall while he ate. I inched a little too close for his comfort so he decided to relocate himself outside, but it didn't take long for him to decide that food was more interesting than I was scary so he came back inside to munch some more.

I can't wait to get a better look at him in the daylight tomorrow!

2 comments:

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Congratulations on getting him home! It sounds like he's dealing with everything really well.

gtyyup said...

Congratulations on your first mustang!!! It's an exciting feeling isn't it. I distinctly remember the first time I touched my first mustang...it was magical and unforgettable!

I look forward to following your progress.