Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Quiet time

This evening after work, I went out like I always do to pick Cody's pen before I fed him his dinner. I was thinking about what Andrea had said, about not always working with him when I go out there. So after I was done cleaning, and before I got him his dinner I took his blanket off and just petted and scratched him all over. Didn't have a brush on me, so I just used my hands. I had hair flying everywhere, but he seemed to enjoy it. Just stood there and at times his neck was so stretched out as he wiggled his lips, it seemed twice as long as normal. And then, with his head over my shoulder, I just pet his face. It was a nice, quiet evening.

Tomorrow he meets the vet for the first time (to be gelded). He hasn't really met a lot of people, I hope it goes okay!

1 comment:

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Hope the gelding goes really well! Poor boy. He's gonna be sore.

That's so nice that he enjoys your scratching so much. Makes for great bonding time. Tonka's too fidgety to get into grooming that much, except during bug season.