Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lunging

We didn't have much time this evening, but it was just enough to practice a few things. We continue to make small steps in picking up feet and leading. Probably the biggest step today though, was in lunging. I was able to point the direction I wanted him to go, gesture slightly (kind of just waving it behind his tail) with my stick and off he went at a nice trot. And then say whoa, point towards his hip and a touch on the rope and he swings his rump away and faces me and stops. And then point in the new direction and away we go. I think he figured it out :) Sometimes things just click :)

4 comments:

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Awesome! Isn't it great when they figure things out all the sudden like that? Smart boy.

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Oh, and thank you so much for the award! I've never gotten one before.

FROG SENIOR said...

I always get a chuckle out of your blogs, you make things sound so simple, I wish I was a mouse in the shelter watching you and Cody work, maybe we can get some electricity out there and you can turn on your web-cam so we can all watch you work, sounds like so much fun.
Miss you,
Dad

Tracey said...

It's good when it clicks!