Monday, June 15, 2009

I Finally Sat on Cody!

Okay, really quick, and no pics, but I FINALLY sat on Cody last night! It was to the point where I could lay over him and pet him and jump on him (from the mounting block) and whatever and he just stands there. So there was no one out there last night (in the covered arena) but I just couldn't stand it any longer and I draped a leg over and let it swing back and forth, just stood there so I just shifted my weight over (yay mounting block) and sat on him for a half a sec. No problem. So I did it again for a little longer. He stood there and I gave him a treat and decided I shouldn't push it especially since I was out there by myself. Tonight we'll do it again and most likely have him move, lol, but I will have someone out there with me.

5 comments:

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Awesome! That sounds exactly like my first "ride" on Bella. What a rush, huh?

Get pictures if you can!

Linda said...

Way to go! Sounds like it went smoothe!

Angie @ thejunkranch said...

That is very cool. Looking forward to hearing about tonight's news.

Katee said...

Congrats! I would certainly have someone around to help with the moving part, though. My mustang was great about me sitting on him while he was standing. When I asked him to move and he had to balance me with all that movement, we had some bronco moments.

froglander said...

I need to blog and post pics, but I have been on him 6 times now :) Last night was great, we were in the pen by ourselves and he remembered our "go button" from the day before and I was able to get him to walk and trot without anyone helping on the ground :)